Thursday, May 03, 2007

The art of Death...





Time for me to start using this blog more often. Especially for my art. I have some short stories saved but not posted that is where most of my weekly logins go. Since I seem to have two full time jobs...artist and mortician, I will try to weave the two toghter in this blog. Comments and criticize welcome.

Maybe the mortician job will aide with understanding some of the art I create. I see alot of things people shouldn't see, hear mean words and see the seven deadly sins played out in the oddest ways EVERY DAY. This brings alot of anxiety into my mind and my art. I try to get all the emotion out of my mind and onto paper or canvas in hopes that it will stop haunting me.

I have tried all different styles and subjects in an attempt to calm my mind. Flowers, people, animals, demons, comical/whimsical, food, still life, abstract, sculpture, collage and what so far seems to be the only mind settling style is painting or drawing the backstabbing, surreal, emotional art that definately goes to the dark side. Dark art is what I began creating only to venture away out of curiousity and partial shame, I guess. The dark raw art is the only thing that makes me feel better, besides the anxiety medication.

I make funeral directing sound so mean and horrific sometimes. It can be. There is another side to the business...a happier side, one that gives me a sense of pride and just a warm fuzzy feeling all over. That is the part that keeps me driving the hearse. Not to mention that look people get on their face when they find out I embalm bodies. Priceless.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger 'ART 4 TINY TOTS' said...

Hi Julie,

Just saw your duck on EBSQ 'art of the day' and spend a while looking through your art portfolio and your blog. How interesting!! By the way, I had a good friend called Julie Parker when I was at school!

Keep up the good work, and hope you get to add more artwork to your blog over time!

Jane :-)

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home